Tuesday, November 18, 2008

10 Months

Dear Banks,

You are 10 months old today! And you are just getting more and more fun with each month that passes. Every month I think "This is my favorite age..." but it keeps getting better and better! So, what are you doing at 10 months?

- You can say "Dada," "Mama" and "Bye Bye." You say Dada all of the time, but sometimes you say it as soon as your Dada walks in the room so I know you know the word... but sometimes your train is also Dada. Mama is hard, and you don't say it much but you have a few times looked at me and said it. You are really good at bye bye though, complete with sweet little hand wave!

- You blow lots of kisses!

- You know quite a few words in sign language! You can say milk, more, all done, eat, and bye bye.

- You can stack one block on top of another block.

- You're still cruising but not walking. Last week you cruised across the love seat which is the farthest you've cruised yet!

- Sometimes when we sing your lullabies, you hum along with us!

- Anytime you hear music, you dance! You bob your little head up and down and grin!

- Your favorite toy is still your train. You love to drop the balls inside the train!

- You HATE to get dressed. You would be a little naked baby all the time if I would let you.

- You are still a champion sleeper - you average 11-12 hours per night plus 2 naps. Mommy loves that you let her sleep at night!

- You are eating lots of big boy food. You now eat pears, bananas, green beans, sweet peas, goldfish, cheerios, puffs, crackers, cheese, yogurt, kiwi and potatoes.

- You are developing a little temper. I think you will get this from your daddy. When you are not getting what you want, you lay back onto the floor and kick your legs and scream! You totally throw a tantrum!

- You LOVE going to school! Every morning when I go to open the classroom door, you start grinning and squealing and kicking your legs in excitement!

- You really love your mommy and daddy. I wouldn't trade anything in the world for the big grins we get when we walk in the room.

I love you so much, sweet baby! I don't know where 10 months has gone... and it's going so fast! I just want to hold you and rock you and snuggle you all the time because soon enough you won't want me to do that anymore! You are a very good baby. We are so spoiled by you... you really are easy!

All our love,
Mommy and Daddy


6 comments:

Melissa Smith said...

I can't believe that Banks is already 10 months old. He is so precious.

Liza said...

I say, let him be naked baby! You can't get away with that too long in life, so do it now! :)

gipsonsontherocks said...

10 months, really?! I can't believe it! With all the holiday craziness he will be a year before we know it! He is adorable and looks so much like his mommy!

Gaye said...

Happy Birthday, Banks...a day late, oops! Sweet Baby, you make your Nellie grin each time I see your picture. I guess I AM becoming my Mother because I now talk to your pictures, too. I love you so much!

Katie said...

ok, that hat just brought me great joy Sarah! :) So cute!!

Anonymous said...

What a big boy in no time at all he wil be a big one year old!!!! He is so precious and such a blessing!!!