Last November, my dad came to us kids with an idea. He wanted to surprise my mom with a family vacation. He wanted to give her a vacation for Christmas/her birthday. They would fly out somewhere tropical one day, and then the rest of the family would arrive the next day as a surprise.
We spent the next 6 weeks planning and booking the vacation. Dad gave it to mom for Christmas and it was the greatest gift ever! Of course, she thought it was trip for two and it took ALL we had in us to maintain the secret for the next six weeks. Those days before the trip while she was packing where the hardest! So many times I wanted to say, "I'm taking this..." but I couldn't because she didn't know we were coming!
As fate would have it, we arrived at the resort a few hours late due to flight delays but the timing was still perfect as a resort photographer was taking some pictures of mom and dad right as we approached them. They caught the whole surprise on camera!
We had no idea how we would approach mom and dad. We finally settled on grabbing some drinks from the swim up bar. We sent Brett over to mom and dad saying "These drinks are from those people at the bar..."
I love how surprised Dad looks when he sees Brett! We were so late that he stopped looking for us. We managed to surprise him too!
As mom begins to realize what is happening, all she can say (scream) is "It's my family! My FAMILY!"
I was sweating it those last few days... but I think we pulled off the surprise!








No comments:
Post a Comment