Monday, July 18, 2011

Banks at three and a half

Dear Banks,

You are such a joy. Your eyes light up a room! You are full of joy, fun, mischief, silliness, love, energy, giggles, and grins.

You love your family so much, especially Eli. I never thought you could love your brother this much at this age, but you do. You want to be with him all the time. You hug him all the time (all. the. time.). You run to his room in the morning to see him. You want to help him when he tumbles over trying to sit. You tell me he's your best buddy. I love that.

You are learning your letters and you can spell your name. Today you practiced writing B's, A's and S's. You can spell Eli's name, too.

You are very tender-hearted. Your feelings are easily hurt, so we try hard to protect your little heart while also trying to teach you to be tough.

You love your friends at school. You talk about them all the time! Sometimes they hurt your feelings. It breaks my heart. But most of the time, they are wonderful little friends and you love going to school to play with them!


You learned to swim this summer, but you refuse to practice. It brings weeping and gnashing of teeth. It's awful.

When you are disobedient, you still "touch the wall." It still works... and we are thankful! You don't stay there long before you come running with your apology and looking for a hug.

You hardly mispronounce anything anymore. Sad... I miss that. It was the last bit of baby to leave you.

You still love yogurt, pizza, "cutted" (aka shredded) cheese, ice cream and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (only when cut in the shape of dinosaurs). You tell me my grilled cheese sandwiches are not as good as Ms. Sarah's (at school).

You are so silly! And I love that. I love hearing you and your daddy call each other names like "Ponce de Leon" and then hearing you roll on the floor giggling because that's the silliest name you have ever heard! You are very ticklish, and sometimes you and I get in trouble at night when we have a tickle fight and daddy comes in to fuss because you are supposed to be going to bed!


You are precious through and through. Your daddy and I love you to the moon and back, sweet boy.

Hugs and kisses,
Mommy and Daddy

No comments: