Monday, April 26, 2010

Busy

We have been gone for what feels like weeks on end until this weekend. We've been busy.

Trips to the lake for Easter. Trips to the upstate to visit family and a precious, long time friend who is getting married this summer. Trips to conferences for professional development. We've been busy.

Banks is so lucky to spend so much time with his family. There are times I feel like he doesn't see them enough, and times when I feel like he sees them a lot. He remembers everything though. For days, he's been talking about the 'safari' he went on during his last visit to the upstate, and the giraffes and lions and wolves he saw there, and the baby goat he got to feed with a bottle.

But now I'm glad to be home, and thankful to see friends. I was thankful to cook out with friends last night and watch our three kids run through the house all attached by a jump rope and giggling. We're blessed to have good friends, and for our kids to grow up together. I'm thankful for a rainy weekend and a farmers market and a clean house - simple things to bring me joy. I'm looking forward to another quiet weekend with more friends, and more kids to watch play together, and maybe introducing Banks to the joys of picking his own strawberries and eating them in the fields.

So much to be thankful for... I'll try to remember that when I just feel... busy.

1 comment:

Gaye said...

Awesome prospective, Sarah. Life goes by fast and we need to appreciate every moment.