Dear Eli,
Dear sweet baby... every day you are less of a baby and more of a little boy. I like to think it's the hair, but I know it's also how well you are speaking, communicating, running, climbing and playing. You are simply growing up faster than I could have imagined. I try to think of whether you are growing up faster than Banks at this age. Truthfully, it's an impossible question to answer. I had no comparison to Banks at the time, and he had no big brother to follow after.
Your teachers tell me you are one of the friendliest children in the school. I can see that! You smile and give a cheerful (and loud!) "HELLO!" to everyone you meet, even if it's the first time you have ever seen them! You love your friends at school, and are always talking about Maddux, Parker and Joshua.
For a child that I would definitely classify as "independent," you also really, really, really love to be held. I think you still need the security of a parent. Maybe because you can't quite keep up on your own? Or maybe because you just like to be held. It's so sweet! And exhausting at times... but mostly sweet!
Your daddy calls you our little wrecking ball. Sometimes you are! You are into everything! But you are also sweet and snugly. You love to "wockwock" (rock rock) at night and you give the BEST hugs! You don't know it - but we're quite certain you got your knack for hugging from your Pappy. I wish there were a way to capture the warmth of your hugs and sweet little kisses on a blog, but I guess I'll have to hold them in my heart instead.
We love you sweet boy. You are our sunshine!
Love,
Mommy and Daddy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment