Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Eli at 15 months

Dear Eli,

You are starting to grow and develop into such a little boy! I feel like you are growing up so fast...

At 15 months, you are walking so well! There is certainly no stopping you now!


You know so many words... mama, dada, brother, milk, night night, banana, yaya, papa (for both my dad and Papa Ted), nama (for both Nama and Nama Jane), pappy, no, thank you, more, ball, dog, "there he is" (in response to "where's eli?!"), "me" (in response to "who's a sweet baby?!"), woof woof, quack quack, roar, morning, hey, bye bye, and more.


You understand far more words than you can say. I feel like we can have conversations now. I love to ask you questions - and you almost always answer appropriately with a head shake or nod, or a word. You are so smart!


You are so independent, and yet so dependent. There are days when you would attach yourself to my body and be carried all day long. There are other days when you are such a busy body I am just chasing you down all day while you explore on your own, play with toys, and chase your big brother around. You are always one extreme or the other!


You do not nap as well as Banks. Maybe two hours once a day - if we are lucky. You are so scared you will miss out on something that you cannot settle down!

All of your teeth are converging at once. Poor baby. Your mouth hurts constantly as you cut molars and everything else all at once. Apparently it hurts worst at 4 AM, because that's when you wake up screaming at night! I forgive you for that. But you've got to stop it soon!


You love Banks so much! You go running to him with arms open wide for a hug, and fall into him. He loves it too! I'm so glad you are both enjoying each other so much! The only problem is that when you try to hug your friends at school with this level of enthusiasm, you end up tackling them!


You are so precious sweet boy. Your daddy and I love you so much! You are our sunshine!

Love,
Mommy and Daddy

No comments: