Thursday, January 15, 2009

My crazy life

So I've been a bad blogger. One post a week has been about all I can handle! Well - there will be lots of birthday posts over the next few days! I'm going to get better with this. I love to blog - my life is just CRAZY! Here's a sample of my past 2 days.


Wednesday

- Dogs run away in the morning. I spend 45 minutes looking for them.
- Banks begins to cry so I give up the dog hunt and take him to school.
- 10:30 - I come back home to find the dogs. Find them and put them in the house.
- 11:30 - Go to Petco and buy to strongest collar they have that is guaranteed to fry my dog if she even thinks about running off. Go back to work.
- 2:30 - Come home to help Jonathan get packed to go out of town for the night.
- 6:00 - Drag my poor baby to Walmart to buy food for the weekend. He cries almost the whole trip. How do single mothers do this?
- 8:00 - get home from Walmart, throw Cheerios on the high chair while I unload groceries. How were babies raised before Cheerios? Feed the baby and put him to bed.
- 10:00 - I am VERY VERY COLD. I think to myself.... "Self, why are you cold?" I go to the thermostat... it's off. Flip the breakers. It comes on - flashing an error message. Call CJ. We can't fix the unit.
- 10:30 - Pick up my sleeping baby and wrap him in 2 blankets. Run swiftly through the night to go stay next door with the Chances. Praise God for good neighbors!

Thursday

- Come home to a freezing cold house. Break world records on speed-dressing a baby to keep him from getting cold. This should be an Olympic sport.
- Call heating and air company - they'll be out soon.
- Dogs pooped on the floor overnight.
- Run to work for a few hours.
- 10:00 - Go to Banks's school for his birthday party
- 11:00 - Back to work to sit around and wait for the heating and air company to call and say they are on the way.

4 comments:

Haylee said...

holy cow sarah! what a couple of days!!! whew...i'm exhausted!!! happy birthday banks!!

Jennifer :) said...

yuck :) The part where you talk to your "self" made me laugh out loud :)

life in a positive direction said...

I need a nap after all of that!!! What amazing neighbors and job!!! love ya!!!

gipsonsontherocks said...

Wow, I am exausted for you! I too don't know how single moms do it. Can't wait to hear about the party.